WHY PAY MORE?
Protect yourself & your family from the flu, get vaccinated today!
Our urgent care clinic offers seasonal flu shots to the greater Houston, TX area.
In general, flu season begins in late fall, peaks mid-winter, and continues through early spring. Getting your flu shot before the season is in full swing can help prevent you and your family from getting sick. Even a late flu shot offers protection from this unwanted illness. In the Dickinson and Houston, TX areas, visit St. Elizabeth Urgent Care for your flu shot!
- Just Walk In! No Appointment Necessary!
- Short Wait Time!
- We Accept Most Major Credit Cards & Cash Payment.
- We accept Medicare.
What is the flu?
Influenza, commonly shortened to “flu,” is an extremely contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza A or B viruses. Flu appears most frequently in winter and early spring. The flu virus attacks the body by spreading through the upper and/or lower respiratory tract.
What’s the difference between a cold and flu?
The common cold and flu are both contagious viral infections of the respiratory tract. Although the symptoms can be similar, the flu is much worse. A cold may drag you down a bit, but the flu can make you shudder at the very thought of getting out of bed.
Congestion, sore throat, and sneezing are common with colds. Both cold and flu bring coughing, headache, and chest discomfort. With the flu, though, you are likely to run a high fever for several days and have headaches, myalgia, fatigue, and weakness. Usually, complications from colds are relatively minor, but a severe case of flu can lead to a life-threatening illness such as pneumonia.
More than 100 types of cold viruses are known, and new strains of flu evolve every few years. Since both diseases are viral, antibiotics cannot conquer cold or flu. Remember: Antibiotics only treat bacterial infections.
Reasons to Get the Flu Shot From Our Urgent Care Clinic
- Can Reduce Sick Days: Whether you are hospitalized or take time off to recuperate at home, it’s going to cost you and your employer. You might return to work with more tasks than a person can handle due to taking sick days. Receiving your flu shot from our urgent care clinic makes it quick and easy to prevent the flu.
- Could Save Your Life: The flu can cause some serious complications that sometimes require hospitalization, such as dehydration, worsening of chronic illnesses, bacterial pneumonia, ear infections and sinus infections. The flu can cause serious health concerns and can even lead to death in some cases. The flu shot will reduce your risk of contracting the flu, potentially saving your life.
- You Don’t Get the Flu From the Shot: A deadened version of the virus is used to create the vaccine, so you cannot contract the flu by receiving a flu shot. Visit our urgent care clinic to receive a flu shot today.
All you need to know about the flu:
If you need a flu shot, call our family urgent care clinic nearest you.
At St. Elizabeth Urgent Care, we aim to provide you with efficient and comfortable services that ensure you get your flu shot and are protected this upcoming season. We offer two locations in Dickinson and Jersey Village, and welcome patients throughout the greater Houston, TX area. Contact our family urgent care clinic closest to you for more information or to discuss your visit.